A list of articles, tutorials and reviews.
During our photography workshops we have the opportunity to test many products. However I only review those that I use in my everday photography. Here are technique tips and reviews of products I've found useful .
- From Landscapes To Cityscapes
- When Shooting Plans Change
- Working With A New Tilt/Shift Lens
- Our National Parks
- When A Scout Trip Becomes "The Shoot"
- Midnight Light In Denali N.P.
- Get To Know Your Subject
- The CB Gimbal Mount
- Sweating the small stuff
- Tracking the filter workflow
- Catch a wave
- A review of the GV2 Ultimate ballhead
- Photographing the forest and the tree
- A tutorial on using filters in the field
- A review of the V2 Ultimate ballhead
- A review of the Acratech Leveling Base
- A review of the LB filter series from Singh-Ray
- Quick release plate with bubble level
- Using graduated neutral density filters
- Review of the Lowepro Dryzone Bag
- Review of the Singh-Ray Vari-ND Variable Neutral Density filter
- Review of the Acratech Ballhead
- A Photoshop Split ND Replacement
- Review of the Jobu Design Black Widow Gimbal Tripod Head
- A review of Stepping Stone's Lightning Trigger
- A tutorial on self publishing by Brian Lee
- Working the same location
I am also a regular contributor to the Focus on Singh-Ray Filters blog
"I been spending some time lately thinking about what what really brings joy into my life. Outdoor photography and all that it encompasses is a very very large part of that In my quiet moments I go to those special places in my mind and remember the feelings I was trying to capture with my camera. I appreciate you introducing me to that world. Our first trip was to Yosemite in the winter. I appreciated you and Tim being so patent with me as I knew very little about photography. It has grown from there. I appreciate the fundamentals you have taught me. It is the best way to do things. The thing I most appreciate is your passion for nature and struggle for survival and beautiful things and beautiful places. For me it was contagious and has added a whole new dimension to my life. You gave me a gift that was unique to you. Steve, I want to thank you for that."